From Chapter 2

Class 8 English | Let Us Write & Listen - Letter, Diary, Thank You & Param Vir Chakra

✍️ Let Us Write & Listen

Letter of Enquiry | Diary Entry | Thank You Letter | Param Vir Chakra (Listening)

📝 Read the sample formats below, then try writing your own. Interactive practice for listening comprehension is also included.
📧 Letter of Enquiry (School Visit to a Memorial)
Format & Sample Letter

XYZ School
Adarsh Nagar,
[City Name] – 123456

Date: 20 May 2025

To,
The Incharge,
[Memorial Name],
[City/State]

Subject: Enquiry about a School Visit to [Memorial Name]

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing on behalf of XYZ School to request information regarding a proposed educational visit to your esteemed memorial for our students of Grades 6–8.

Kindly provide the following details:
1. Available dates for school visits during [month].
2. Duration of the tour and guided tour facilities.
3. Entry fees per student and any concession for school groups.
4. Guidelines for student groups (dress code, photography rules, etc.).
5. Availability of audio-visual resources or educational materials.

We would be grateful for a prompt response at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely,
[Your Name]
(Student Coordinator / Teacher)

📝 Write Your Own Letter of Enquiry
Use the format above. Type your letter here (for practice):
📓 Diary Entry (A Day You Helped Someone)

26 April 20xx, Saturday 8:00 p.m.

Dear Diary,

Today, I feel, was a special day. On my way back from school at about 4 p.m., I saw an elderly woman struggling to carry heavy grocery bags near the bus stop. She looked tired and was trying to cross the busy road. I rushed to help her. I offered to carry her bags and helped her cross the road safely. She smiled warmly and said, "God bless you, my child." I felt a wave of happiness inside me. I realised that small acts of kindness can bring so much joy. I will definitely help others again whenever I get a chance.

📝 Write Your Own Diary Entry
Write a diary entry about a day you helped someone. Use the prompts given in the textbook.
💌 Letter to Grandparents (Thanking for Lessons)

Date: 20 May 2025

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I hope this letter finds you both in good health and high spirits. I am writing this letter to express my heartfelt gratitude for all the valuable lessons you have taught me over the years. Your stories about courage, kindness, and helping others have shaped my values.

The way you selflessly help our neighbours and always put others before yourselves inspires me every day. Because of you, I have learned that true happiness comes from contributing to the common good. I will always carry your wisdom with me.

With love and respect,
Your loving grandson,
[Your Name]

📝 Write Your Own Letter to Grandparents
Write a letter thanking your grandparents for their valuable lessons.
🎖️ Let Us Listen: Param Vir Chakra (Transcript)

Transcript: "Let me tell you about the Param Vir Chakra. It is one of the most prestigious awards in India and signifies the Wheel of the Ultimate Brave. This award is granted for exemplary bravery in the presence of the enemy. The medal was instituted as a Gallantry Medal with retrospective effect from 15 August 1947 by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the then President of India. The medal was designed by Mrs. Savitri Khanolkar, who drew inspiration from Sage Dadhichi. The Param Vir Chakra is cast in bronze. At its centre, on a raised circle, is the State Emblem of India. Surrounding it are four replicas of Indra's Vajra, lined with lotus flowers."

📝 Fill in the blanks (Listening Comprehension)
🦸 Young Hero: Rohan Ramchandra Bahir

Special Broadcast Transcript: On a fateful morning in Rajouri, young Rohan Ramchandra Bahir, a 15-year-old student, saved a 43-year-old woman who had fallen into the Domri River. He leapt into the river without hesitation and pulled her to safety. He was honoured with the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2023 by the President of India, Droupadi Murmu.

Who was the President of India when Rohan received the award?
🌟 "True bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to act despite it." — Major Somnath Sharma 🌟
Based on NCERT Class 8 English (Poorvi) – Chapter 2: A Tale of Valour

Post a Comment

0 Comments