✍️ Writing Skills
Narrative Essay | Notice Writing | Formal Complaint Letter | Class 8 English (Wit and Wisdom)
One bright Monday morning, I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping loudly. For once, I wasn’t late for school. My uniform was neatly laid out, and my homework was already packed in my bag. I felt proud of myself for being so organised. But little did I know, the day would still teach me an important lesson.
During the morning assembly, our teacher, Mrs. Rao, announced a surprise Science quiz. My heart skipped a beat. I had studied the chapter a week ago, but I had forgotten to revise it over the weekend. As I sat at my desk with the question paper in front of me, I froze. The questions looked familiar, yet I couldn’t recall the answers clearly. I tried my best to focus, but it wasn’t enough. Later, when the results were announced, I scored much lower than I expected. Disappointed, I spoke to Mrs. Rao after the class. She smiled and said, “It’s not about how much you know but how consistently you prepare. Small efforts add up every day.”
Her words stayed with me. From that day on, I made it a habit to revise my lessons regularly, even if there wasn’t an immediate test. Responsibility isn’t just about being on time or finishing tasks—it’s about being ready for what’s unexpected.
Choose one topic:
- The Day I Learnt the Value of Teamwork
- A Small Act of Kindness that Made a Difference
Tips: Use first person ('I', 'my'), include an introduction, body (with a problem/turning point), and a conclusion with a lesson.
Date: 15 May 2025
Title: INAUGURATION OF HERB GARDEN
This is to inform all students of Grades 6 to 8 that the Nature Club is organizing the inauguration of the Herb Garden on 20 May 2025 at 9:00 AM in the school premises near the Science Block. The event will be graced by our Principal. All interested students are requested to assemble near the garden area by 8:45 AM. For any queries, contact the undersigned.
Name: Ananya Sharma
Signature: Ananya Sharma
Class: 8-C (Nature Club Secretary)
To,
The Commissioner,
Municipal Corporation,
[City Name]
Date: 20 May 2025
Subject: Poor condition of kutcha road in [Colony Name]
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to draw your attention towards the very bad condition of the kutcha road leading to our colony, [Colony Name]. Due to heavy rains, the road has developed large potholes that pose a serious danger to pedestrians and vehicles.
As a result, several people have narrowly escaped accidents. Moreover, the stagnant water in the potholes has become a breeding ground for mosquitoes, increasing the risk of diseases like dengue and malaria.
I request you to look into this matter urgently and take necessary action to repair the road. I look forward to your prompt response.
Yours faithfully,
[Your Name]
Resident of [Colony Name]
0 Comments